View Single Post
Old 12-16-2002, 08:35 AM

You ALMOST got 'em all right, but actually that's me in the brown leather lacket next to Cardude and ck42:p and I had a ball (not just my head) talking shop with you guys! I'd work at MB Autowerks for nothing if I could just put a bed in that service area-I'd never leave that place and would have plenty of room for all of my babies to hibernate.

I actually just got a chance to see the pics and they're indicative of how great a turnout it was, thanks to Donnie,Lee,Bill and his wonderful wife and the MBA crew and El Presidente (by the way I noticed you wrote in my contact book that you're in Woodstock--I'm right in Kennesaw off of Wade Green so maybe we can do 3 dollar or something and thanks for the directions info on such short notice!)

Wow...I actually saw my baby in the pictures (of course mine was facing the opposite direction because I was showing some of the guys how I dressed up my engine and compartment. I can't believe I got a "wow" out of Donnie when he saw it so that is one of the ultimate compliments considering what he's done to that awesome 190!!! Dang that thing sounded good when he pulled up after me for dinner! Thanks for the compliment Mike T ( I almost forgot that you saw the 560 when you came down) and yes the euros have pretty much gotten the 560 many more compliments.

I wish I could have video taped the caravan from Autowerks to the resturant...people waiting to turn were just in awe when they saw all those benzes spanning over 20 years cruising the road together-it would have been more than twice that if we ALL rode at the same time but I'm sure the other half got the same stares. We even briefly opened them up (when we passed the place and had to U turn in the middle of the road to go back-Did you guys do that on purpose?) We definately have to do it again and it was a pleasure meeting everyone and putting faces and personalities with the "handles" we go by on the forum! Cheers everyone (thanks for your buddy's # too Mikemover!).

Alan
1972 220D
1970 250C SOLD
1971 250C SOLD