View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselmania View Post
Block heater fires are not that uncommon, we have had probably half a dozen threads on them over at the Powerstroke forum in the past year. The PSD heater is 1,000 watts, which makes for more current than on the Benz heaters.
Also 7.3 Superduty trucks (99-03) are in such demand that resale value is higher than Blue Book value most eveywhere, and they are easy to sell on top of it, no reason to torch one.

Add to that, if someone wants to get rid of one just park it on the street for a few nights, it'll disappear.

I'd say it's a pretty big stretch to say it was arson.
What happens when they're parked "on the street," as opposed to a driveway?
Read the guy's previous posts on the dieselstop. The pic and fuel line splicing problems he's posted scream POS/ill-cared for truck. Next, notice the studio-quality of the photo, (all @ 4:00 a.m. - yeah......riiiiight) as well as how the truck is outfitted/jacked-up to wear the chassis/suspension parts with oversized tires screams dogged out. Insurance would pay more (likely A LOT MORE) than that old POS truck would fetch, just as insurance pays astronomically more for old MB diesels than casual sales/trading them in.

My 7.3 hasn't burnt my Ford down in 8 years of use. If it did, I wouldn't have a studio set for pics. Blaming the block heater offhandedly may be bogus, regardless what the guy posted.