View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 01:24 AM

Everyone likes to bend or ignore facts.
A theory remains a theory until it is proven or disproven. The AR15 use for Home defense disproves the theory that it cannot be used for that purpose. But, those who do not want to except that will not accept it.

Reporting a Crime might depend on where you live. In some areas if Your Home is invaded they want you to leave your Home if you Can. The don't consider any sort of Property as being worth any violent altercation.
If you lived in a place like that threating a Home Invader with a Gun and reporting it could get you in Hot Water with the Police.

There was a Man beating on My Front Door with an Aluminum Base Ball Bat. I fired one Shot through the Door over His head angled so it went into the Roof over the Porch.

When the Police came they took My Gun. I was able to get it back several weeks later.
I don't live in one of those areas of the Country where they expect you to get out of your House if you can. But, notice that the Police took My Gun.

What if that Gun had come back?

Another thing to notice is that all of us Gun owners are supposed to have those "Itchy Trigger Fingers" just waiting for a chance to legally shoot someone. But, in My case I did not want to shoot the Guy and infact in Most cases I have read where someone has confronted an Intruder in their Homes they do not shoot the Intruder unless the Intruder gets agressive with them. Often they allow the Intruder to run away.

I believe a lot of Crimes all kinds are unreported simply because they don't want the Police in their House/Resident and you can end up losing time from work.