View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
Another example of someone notifying the cops after successfully defending the home.

You guys see that this validates home defense weapons or AR-15s in general. With that still in debate, what appears clear to me is that the likelyhood of someone NOT notifying the police after a home invasion incident is remote, so the vast majority of incidents of all types are reported.

With the statistics of accidental or purposeful misuse of the weapon still heavily outweighing successful use as in the above article, all this does is show us cleary that most people actually report home invasion incidents, even when no shots are fired.
I said this over on the other Thread. I think I was 9 years old when My Father Bought a Rifle and taught Me to Shoot.
Later We got another 22 Rife, a 12 Gauge Pump Shotgun and a 30-06 Pump Rifle.
No one was accidentally or purposely Shot.

My Uncle around the Corner had different Guns and a Retarded Child (called Special Needs Children now a days) and My other Cousin who was 5 year older than me.
No gun accidents there either.

After I got out of the Army in 1973 over the years bought a bunch of Guns and have yet to shoot someone accidentally or on purpose; and I am not looking forward to either.

All of My Uncles that lived on the East Coast Hunted and had a bunch of Guns and I never heard any stories from them of anyone in the Family getting shot.

According to the Statistics you believe some member of My Family somewhere in the Country should have been shot with one of the Guns they own. But, this amazingly has not happened.

I know I can't say that I am an especially lucky Person. But, apparently I am extremely lucky concerning My handling of Guns.

However, I should be afraid to go to work and afraid to Drive because I have broken Bones in accidents doing both of those things.

I also managed to break My Hip just trying to Walk up the 3 Stairs on My front Poarch; so I should be afraid to Walk up My front Porch also.

So in My own life Statistically I am safer Shooting or handling My Guns than I am Working, Driving My Car or Walking up My Porch.