View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 01:19 PM
Conservative

The article was well written by someone who is obviously college educated. However, his line of thought on allowing a ban for certain black and scary weapons is flawed.

Just like there are those that don't trust the conservatives to "improve" the welfare programs that are helping increase spending in the US, I don't trust the liberals to stop at just the black scary looking weapons. It's truly a matter of trust, and the populace as a whole doesn't trust the government enough to do the "right thing", neither did the Founding Fathers...it's the reason we have the ability to elect someone else.

There's more than enough recent written history that shows that our government cannot be trusted with the control of firearms...just look at how the BATFE handled Fast and Furious, and how the FBI handled Ruby Ridge.

The author was correct in claiming that it was about control...but not of the firearms in question, it's about control of the people who own them.

One great concern I have is those that have invested time and money over the years
to create the perfect match rifle based on the AR platform. Some of those guns can go in the plus $10k range. With the stroke of a pen, those trophy rifles could become illegal to own, and collectively millions of dollars of investments would be worth nothing.

Personally, I have no use for any of the 157 firearms the Senator from Cali wants to ban...I don't own any, nor do I have a desire to. That doesn't mean that I'm willing to allow the government to tell me I'm not allowed to own one.

History has shown us what happens to a country when it's leaders disarm the populace...many, many people die. Personally, I'd rather risk a small number of the population to die off and chalk it up to the cost of a flawed societal function than to allow the risk of millions of people dying, and chalking it up to the cost of a tyrannical government.

I'm sure many will want to flame me for that last paragraph...I'm just speaking the truth of how I see things.

Meet on the level, leave on the square. Great words to live by

Were we directed from Washington when to sow and when to reap, we should soon want bread. - Thomas Jefferson: Autobiography, 1821.