View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 09:51 PM

Let me get this straight. You have no problem putting the transmission into a gear, but when you let up on the clutch pedal, the clutch doesn't engage fully and slips, right?

The clue here seems to be that you had to use longer bolts to reach the holes when installing. This indicates to me that the rod was already contacting the fork before you even started to thread the bolts into their holes. This means that as you were tightening the bolts, pressure was being applied to the fork and disengaging the clutch as you tightened them. That's not supposed to happen. You shouldn't have to use longer bolts in order to pull the cylinder in close enough to put the originals in.

My feeling is that any excess fluid in the slave cylinder would be pushed out to the reservoir as you bolted it down (same as compressing a wheel cylinder when changing brake shoes), so I don't think that's it. I have to believe either the slave cylinder is the wrong part, or somehow the rod didn't engage the fork correctly when you were installing it (I don't see how).

Unfortunately, I don't see how you are going to get around pulling the new one back out to fix this. If/when you do, put the new one and the old one side-by-side to make sure they are exactly the same.

'87 300D Anthracite