View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Who's flying this thing ?

I like Sweden ots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhogan View Post
airfare to Stockholm are really cheap right now for some reason (dunno why?). We are undecided on a destination for this summer.

I've never been. Is the place worth seeing? other than hot swedish women.
It's beautiful in summer, the days are sooooooo long, it's amazing up in he north when you can enjoy a sunny lake view at 3am .....beautiful !!!

The old downtown of Stockholm "Gamla Stan" is easily walkable, the Royal Palace is rght there, and so is the harbor.

The Swedes love their ice cream and in Gamla Stan I had the best black licorice ice cream I ever have tasted. I highly recommend you to go there - in summer,,,

And toured the Volvo museum, too, there.

The people are friendly, most speak English well, it is clean and the people are honest and it is safe. Lots of cheese to eat and fish too, but the food is rather bland for the most part, and for sure I love the Aquavit too.

It's been awhile (week before 9/11) since I got back, but I would be delighted to go again.

If you are feeling ambitious, fold in some time in nearby Norway, Finland and DFenmark for a greaat Scandanavian vacation, We went on a Globus Tour that made this possible, but it's actually a great way for first timers to get a good overall glimpse of the entire country /countries on the itinerary.

An unforgettable vacation and memories to last a lifetime await you!

1995 E 420, 170k "The Red Plum" (sold)

2015 BMW 535i xdrive awd Stage 1 DINAN, 6k, <----364 hp

1967 Mercury Cougar, 49k

2013 Jaguar XF, 20k <----340 hp Supercharged, All Wheel Drive (sold)