View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 12:04 AM

Location: Out in the Boonies of Hot, Dry, Dusty, Windy Nevada
That is good you held your ground, a deal is a deal.

It surprised me when the front end came up so high. I had just finished the swap, and made a trip from Santa Cruz, Ca to Portland, Or. 740 miles. It made for and interesting drive as it sort of throws out the steering, and the front end wanted to slightly wander.

Replaced the front springs with 240D front springs, dropped the front end down, but is a softer ride. car sits nice, but need to stiffen it up.

I have the engine out for another problem, and have installed a 300TD front Sway Bar, and new Firewall Bushings. this bar is 2mm thicker than the 300D bar. so this should make her ride nicer when I get her back together.

Since you already have a TD, you are all set as far as the Sway Bar.

In this thread is a GTG I went to on this trip. It was held in McMinville, Or. where the Spruce Goose is Hangered. we got our pictures taken under the tail of it. was cool.

NW GTG............June 13, 2009

(click on the picture and it will get larger)

This first & third picture you can see my 85 Silver with the black grill, it sits almost a head light higher than the cars on each side. this is pg 7 and the pictures start on pg 5. some cool pictures of the Goose.

Go down to post #20 and there is some pictures of a front bar swap and the 2 bars side by side. this is Winmutt`s car, and him chewing on the bar.

Big front sway bar

Charlie

1) Not much power
2) Even less power
3) Not nearly enough power!! 240D w/auto

Anyone that thinks a 240D is slow drives too fast.

80 240D Naturally Exasperated, 4-Spd 388k DD 150mph spedo 3:58 Diff

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works

Last edited by charmalu; 02-10-2013 at 09:00 PM.