Thread: Good eagle buy?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim B. View Post
It's nothing more than an updated, 2 door sedan version of the 1971 American Motors "Hornet Sportabout".

My father bought a new 1985 AMC Eagle wagon - for its 4 wheel drive. There was not too much available in 4x4 cars back then, he looked at a new '86 FORD Bronco II but rejected it (rightly) because the wheelbase was too short. I think one of the new Jeep Cherokee SUV's would have suited, though the early new ones didn't too too well .... they say now...

I regret to say, that despite meticulous care, the Eagle wagon did not fare well. At 49,000 miles it totally fell apart and began leaking from all orifices;

Then one day going down the hill from his house,, the steering wheel locked up on him - he was in his 80s but still driving safely; so he had it towed to the selling dealer, and left it. He never saw it again...

So, in 2002, I found him a really nice 1995 Subaru Outback at the Subaru-Hyundai dealer and he drove it amost to his dying day, and I inherited it, and kept it a few years, and also went to a new 2008 and a new 2011 OB when he died, for the snow up here.
Thread is worthless without pictures.

Currently Benzless
Formerly: 300TD, S600, E55, 560SEL

---= The forest breathes, listen.
-Native American elder