View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim B. View Post
I wouldn't take it for free. First of all -- I don't believe there was a "Black series" AMG coupe for the w140. So, to start then, the car is "up-badged" as a black series AMG when it is nothing of the kind in reality.

But worse:

2000 to 2009 are the "dark" years for S Class Mercedes Benz build quality, QC durability and reliability. It is wildly over complicated with dual pane glass, soft close dooors and the like, an incredibly trouble prone automobile.

And this one is right in the middle.

I met the man who traded in a 2002 version of the CL for my Outback - the salesman who took that CL as a trade in on my car, which the guy bought (MY 2011 Outback) AND sold the same salesman my trade in a few weeks later at the Mercedes Benz dealer.

The buyer traded in this CL with over $3200 diagnosed electrifcal problems, that weren't worth fixing. (The salesman told me) These w140s were notorious for them.

And it's ugly.

And not only that, the wheels look like black steelies after all the plastic hubcaps dropped off -- exactly like happens to the plastic hubcaps on the bottom of the line Toyota Corolla's.

Plus - it's an intrinsically ugly looking coupe, by virtue of it's styling and design..
My God this post is just mindblowing... First we are talking about a C215 not a W140 body. This car shown is a C215... Second a 02 CL is not anywhere near as well bult as the 05/06 CL's. I know this for a fact and also its post facelift. Third if someone goes from a CL to a Subaru the chances are they cannot afford the upkeep and just wanted to play big shot on a Subaru budget. The badge has 0 to do with how reliable or well made a car is. It was poor choice by the owner thats all. Many 05/06 CL55/65 owners are very happy with reliablility. Much more so then the pre facelift. A member on mbworld has a 04 CL55 with 140K on it and has not had any ABC issues ever with it. Not bad for a car so advanced with technology. Every car is a luck of draw. You have to pay to play and because its used does not mean upkeep and cost go down. If anything they go up.
2009 CLK350 Coupe Designo.Kleemann Tune For nice days/DD
2006 CL600. V12.Eurocharged Tune. Enough said
2005 CLK55 AMG Coupe.Kleemann Tune. For the sound and style
2004 CLK320 Cabriolet. 2005+ Interior swap. For the sunny Florida days & beach days