View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 07:36 PM

400E raw fuel goes in cat, no power

Hello all! I have been posting on 2 other forums about this, but I have been a long time peachparts lurker. I wanted to get your opinion on this case.

old thread 1, old thread 2

Problem: All the fuel doesn't burn in the engine and burns in the catalytic converter. Because of this car cannot be driven a long time as it will catch fire again.

Before that there was a fire. Many things were exchanged, including the O2 sensor, lower wiring harness (124 540 3130), plugs, ETA with rebuilt and certified one. The car has no power and the engine shakes. Car is driveable on freeway and city, just slow acceleration due to limp mode. Catalytic converter goes red after just 10-15 min.

It looks like my wiring harness has been changed, but I don't know if it went bad. I threw in already more for repairs than I paid for the car, so I don't want to spend any more money on anything uncertain of fixing the car. There is dealer computer diagnostic for $180, but as of the ETA change, I was able to clear all the pin codes and they didn't come back. And I am afraid they can't test the actual harness?

This is the sticker on the cable, does it give any info whether the changed one is bio-degradeable as well?

DELPHI
Werk Jelesnia
F. D.: 06.10.04
Pers. Nr: 37

MB 124 440 1906
Z.D. 09.09.92

Also, since the ETA is tested and sure to not cause problems (and no fault codes), the Mass Airflow Sensor is the other guy that may cause problems. But there are no more codes.

Any further suggestions or info will also be appreciated.

Cheers!