View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 02:49 PM

Out hear for the last 10 or more years they have been calling People every Year for Jury Duty? That is too much.

What they do here is except for the first day you will be sent Home and have to check if they need you on the Phone.

From what I have seen if you call and have to go to Court it is almost a sure thing you are at least going to be part of the Herd actually going to the Court Room where you may or may not get selected.

They problem with this system is that while it saves the Court Money you will not be able to tell where you work when or how long you might be Gone. Worse if you are a Small Business Owner that needs to be at your Business every day.

They do allow some posponements so you can make arrangements for not being where you need to be. So with posponements you can stretch out your time to longer than 1 year when you have to actually show up.

I have being getting called to Jury Duty since 1980 and have had enough.
Arguing with the Jury when I was on a Jury tore My Stomach up during the Trian and for 2 weeks after the Trial was finished. I don't want to go through that again and have managed to get Myself booted of the Jury when I was actually selected.