Thread: Gabriel Gifford
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Posting since Jan 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmerich View Post
Creating legislation keyed off one high profile incident is dumb, no matter what subject you are talking about. The anti-gun crowd is not trying to reduce crime, they want to confiscate guns. And I know people say that is not their goal, but that is the end game, they know they cannot take that big a bite on the first pass.

You need to look at what the problem really is. It is not guns, it is the state of mind of the people committing crimes. Crazies. And since you cannot legislate crazies, why would any sane person be in favor of disarming their victims?

If the people who claim they are doing all this to save lives, I call BS. There are many more ways people get killed by others and I see nobody proposing radical un-constitutional legislation for those issues. Try: drunk driving. Nuff said.

Yes, it's boiling the frog. Keep raising the temperature slowly and he doesn't think of jumping out of the pot until it's too late.

From what I have seen over the years, those who are not proficient or even so much as knowledgable about guns are scared of them, so they are perfectly happy to be the pawns of the liberals that want to get rid of guns as opposed to addressing the real mental illness problem with some sort of solution.

As far as Gabby goes, I have no problem with her. I never have. It's the people who are manipulating and using her that I have a problem with.

Annoy a Liberal, Read the Constitution