View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Zero

Brake job...part 1...

Well the Chevy's brakes were making all kinds of neat noises so I figured it was time for brakes, all around. Did the fronts today, and I love working on relatively young vehicles! Suspension parts come apart! Not like on a 20 year old car where its all torching and cutting!

So since the calipers bleeders were messed up and the brake lines due to GM's piss poor design were slowly cutting themselves, I figured I'd do everything. Disc, rotors, pads, hoses. Drivers side is done...pass side was going good until I put the rotor on and spun it...hmm that doesn't sound healthy. Turns out the wheel bearing was just starting to go bad. Wouldn't have heard it going down the road for awhile. So now that's off and I'm waiting for Carquest to get me the part. Which I hope they can get because I don't want to put it all back together and than have to do a wheel bearing in a month or two when it starts screaming.

I love working on GM's so simple, and parts are so cheap. A new hub assembly is like $100. Since modern vehicles have sealed wheel bearings now... On my dads F150 its over twice that, Ford rapes you.

Later this week I'm doing the rear brakes, which are drums, and suck.
2007 Tiara 3200