View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 11:09 AM
diesel enthusiast

Justin ---

Last year, when I was on Match.com, I kept seeing women's profiles that said the last book they read was 50 Shades of Gray. So, naturally, I wanted to know why all the women were reading this book or the trilogy.

Since, I didn't want to buy it, I added my name to the wait list at the local library for the e version. I was 4th on the wait the list. I was pretty much resigned to go buy the book.....I mean....if you can keep an ebook for a week, and I'm 4th on the list.....that's like 4 weeks that I'd have to wait for the book. Anyway, on Day 5 of being on the wait list, I get an email saying I can check it out, so I did. Like you, I couldn't set the book down. I guess I should make a confession now --- I often call my new girlfriend "Ana" and she often refers to me as her 50 shades. Did the book provide entertainment? Yes. Did the book open my new GF's eyes? Yes. She's glad she met me in person though BEFORE I read the book and before she read the book, so we know the book didn't influence our behavior at all.

Of course, she read the next 2 faster than I did......she bought them. I borrowed them from her. She told all of her boring friends that they should read the first one and then decide if what they really want is a 50 shades kind of guy. And having a dinner date with her while I have a silk tie in my pocket is so much fun!

Enough said?

Links:
Sold last car --- 05/2012 1984 300D Light Ivory, Red interior
Cluster Needles Paint
New Old Stock (NOS) parts

Past:
3/2008 1986 300SDL "Coda"
04/2010 1965 190D(c) "Ben"
& many more