View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 08:01 AM
Posting since Jan 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplinville View Post
To future video game jockey's, it does. History has a way of forgetting about it's hero's, and remembering only the battle. Future battles will be fought by drones only, be it by air, land or sea. Those that sacrificed their own safety will be forgotten about.

I'm making sure that it won't be forgotten in my house and with my family or circle of friends.

Please, I don't want anyone to think that I am defending the medal for a drone pilot, because I AM NOT! I am just disspelling what seems to be a common misconception about drone flying.

Sense you mentioned video games, I think this would be a good place to point out that flying a drone is NOTHING like playing any video game yet invented. I think that most people think that flying a drone is nothing more than a video game.

The drone pilots have to be pilots trained and qualified in real aircraft. About the minimum requirements I've seen have been a Private Pilots Certificate, several hundred hours flight time and an Instrument Rating. Learning to fly, passing the checkride and then getting an Instrument Rating is not a trivial endeavor.

Annoy a Liberal, Read the Constitution