View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
That stuff is meant to be mixed with warm water and bottle fed to orphaned calves. So, assuming it's pure colostrum powder as the human supplements supposedly are, all things being equal I'd just take a similar amount. You could put it in gelatin caps or mix it with warm water or stir it up into cottage cheese or yogurt or something.
It's a milk product, not medicine. I doubt you'd have any issues if you took the whole package, other than a tidy amount of weight gain.
Some of the articles I read pretty much said you could take a lot with no issues. However, they did not indicate if it was the pure stuff or what is commonly sold for People.

If for some reason you reconstituted more then you need does it need to be refrigerated?

I am asking this because the one My Father gets is shipped cold overnight.
I saw some Colostrum on Amazon that was a liquid and had to be kept cold and shipped fast.

On Amazon there were a few people that complained of loose Bowels and or gas/bloating from normal doses.

These people were Lactose intolerant. The one Person believed the company He bought from had changed the formula as He had be using it for over 1 year.

The thought was that some companies are not selling the Pure stuff but stuff that also has regular Milk in it.