View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 01:49 AM

Location: Out in the Boonies of Hot, Dry, Dusty, Windy Nevada
Trans is out of a 80 240D, then it is the older one with the seperate bell Housing and iron box. All three levers should point up and are forged steel with a bolt squeezing the lever to the shaft.

the forward lever is the 3-4 shift.

the center lever is the reverse lever

the rear lever is the 1-2 shift.

the curved shift rod is for the 3-4 shift

the longest straight rod is the reverse

shortest rod 1-2 shift.

Looking at the shifter levers from the rear. the left one is the reverse.

center is 1-2 shift

Right lever is 3-4 shift. closest to the driveline.

Each one of the shift levers has a hole for a nail, drill bit etc... to be inserted to keep the levers centered. there is a upside down "V" plastic piece on either side to keep the drill bit etc... lined up. this way the shifter assy is centered so you can then adjust the shift rods to the Transmission.

When I cut my rods to fit my swap into our 85 300D. I unscrewed the Aluminum ends, and atached them to the shift assy levers. held it horizonally and laid the rod on top of it, then marked it to be cut. threaded the ends and screwed them on. notice how far they are screwed on first before removing them.

I had quite a time tweeking the rods to fit and clear each other and the tunnel.

Measure twice, cut once.

Iam not so sure you want to hone out the crank hole to make the pilot bearing fit.

Charlie

1) Not much power
2) Even less power
3) Not nearly enough power!! 240D w/auto

Anyone that thinks a 240D is slow drives too fast.

80 240D Naturally Exasperated, 4-Spd 388k DD 150mph spedo 3:58 Diff

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works