View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Conservative

Well...that great deal I got wasn't so great after all. I didn't realize just how hot the receiver was going to get, and I parked the CD player on the top, just like I did to the old one that lasted for years. I woke up this morning, turned on the system, and the speakers started popping and buzzing. Apparently it's fried.

I sent my wife up to Best Buy to pick a new one up. After talking to the salesman she found, she called me and had him speak to me about what I needed. After a few minutes talking with him and bickering about pricing, I told my wife to give the salesman $179 for the following...

Pioneer 700W 5.1Ch. 3D PassThrough AV Home Theater Receiver VSX-522-K - Best Buy

I'm hoping that it's going to last for me. I like Pioneer, and have always trusted the brand to be quality.

My last system wasn't HDMI compatible, and sound was transferred via rca cables. I think sound should be better with this new set-up...I guess we'll find out when my son plays his video game this evening. The surround sound should really shine with the games.

Meet on the level, leave on the square. Great words to live by

Were we directed from Washington when to sow and when to reap, we should soon want bread. - Thomas Jefferson: Autobiography, 1821.