View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 09:51 AM
Inna-propriate-da-vida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton View Post
The average person is a moron.

Nearly every single time I read a new article, another average person is spouting off about something for which they know nothing.

You see it on here..........you see it every single day when you have interactions with others, and you see it on the television, whether from advertisements or newscasts............it's pervasive and insidious.

On a brighter note, I made $100. of one of these idiots yesterday. The moron filled the box truck (Isuzu diesel four) and made it about 1000 feet after he left the station. The owner of the shop sent another employee to go and get him (40 miles away) and he swore that he used the green nozzle and absolutely put diesel fuel in it. I told the owner to get it towed back here (to the machine shop). I was positive that we're dealing with an idiot and I confronted said idiot and bet him $100. that he filled it with gas.

I'm taking a bit of a risk as I really do not want to get into a serious mechanical repair if the problem is NOT gasoline.

So, after a 40 mile tow from New Haven to New Britain, we had our answer at 6:00 that night.

Spent a few hours yesterday purging the system of gas...........let the moron do most of the work...........and getting it going in the afternoon on new fuel.

I wonder if I'll see that $100............of course these people have no money.............too GD stupid for that.

Oh.........and how does said idiot remove the gas from the tank (15 gallons of it)?

He removes drain plug on bottom of tank and most of the gas runs out on the shop floor (because he only had about 7 gallons worth of containers). When I arrived, I could smell the gasoline before I entered the building...........it was that bad.

He came real close to blowing the entire place.............
Gotta love it when someone follows up something stupid with something really idiotic....
Compound FAIL!!!

btw....want another 15 gallons of RUG mixed with diesel? I still have the fuel from the last time my wife drove the SD...
Wonder if I could burn it in the chainsaw....

1983 300SD - 305000
1984 Toyota Landcruiser - 190000
1994 GMC Jimmy - 203000

https://media.giphy.com/media/X3nnss8PAj5aU/giphy.gif