View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Conservative

Just made a few great deals...My HT will be complete sooner than I thought.

After picking up the new A/V receiver for the living room a few weeks ago, I decided I no longer needed the Vizio VSB210WS soundbar and subwoofer, so I sold them today 15 minutes after listing it on Craigslist.

I found a pair of Cerwin Vega speakers that the guy was asking $100 for. After talking to him on the phone, he said he'd take $75, and deliver them to me since he was coming up to my area this evening. I'll have my son hook them up tonight. I was really hoping to pick up a powered sub-woofer, but these should provide all the bass I'll need.

In one day, after getting out of the hospital, I sold something no longer needed, used that money to buy something I needed, and still have $65 in my pocket to use for another amp for the front surrounds...not bad for someone in my condition!

My goal is to sell a few more items to fund the needed amp and build a new center channel speaker. Once I get those and a better universal remote, the system will be complete. I plan on doing all of this using only money from selling un-needed equipment I already have.

Meet on the level, leave on the square. Great words to live by

Were we directed from Washington when to sow and when to reap, we should soon want bread. - Thomas Jefferson: Autobiography, 1821.