View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS Fowler View Post
Who produced it? Why? So you can attack and ridicule the messenger?

How about thinking about the facts and opinions he stated?
One could balance some of it against the evil of the peculiar institution, and the extension of racism into our time. Blacks were not treated equally.
Its hard to argue against the vision he stated--we DID do things. We DID strive for excellence. Now, like the NFL, we want "parity"--which is simply another word for "mediocrity". We used to move the smartest pupils to the head of the class, and challenge them to be even better. Now we hold them back so we don't embarrass the slowest ones in the class. ( Do you really think the "slow" kids don't know who they are? Do you really think the non-athletes don't know they can't compete with the "jocks") We aren't fooling the kids' only ourselves.
We need to return to striving for excellence--with the strong knowledge that appearances are not what they seem, and some seemingly handicapped, in some way, individuals can excel in other ways.
Man, take a walk outside, take a few deep breaths, and calm down.
Your mind reading skills are out of sync this morning. Way out.
I'm totally befuddled by your highlighted comment.

Greatness, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, no?. If you don't think America is the greatest country in the world, who then gets your vote?
Me? I guess I'm stuck on stupid. I think it's a great place to be. We just sailed though the greatest and easiest living period in the history of the planet. 50 years of economic prosperity, security, civility, and innovation. We had it made growing up. Our children and grandchildren won't have it as good. (Too bad we spoiled them!) That doesn't mean America won't remain (or regain) the "Greatest" country.It's all relative.

Who did make that video?