View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 10:16 AM

Future of north america?

There was a show on last night basically highlighting the difficulties in Detroit. With the still continious and perhaps accelerating replacement of our manufactures products by the orient. Combine this with the horrific amounts of money being borrowed to sustain the present.

I had to wonder if one older detroit womans comment might have had a grain of truth in it. That is Detroit being a picture or preview of the future for america.

Not as severe as Detroit of course but still down the same road. If for some reason the excess borrowing where to stop and too much manufacturing capacity is lost in the interm until then.

It would be foolish to assume the orient will slow down in replacing our product production. Speeding it up instead is a more plausable senario.

People that have the resources. Especially those that did not tackle the issue but should have could take their money and leave the country ultimatly in a bad situation.

The present is not too early to examine this issue and decide what to do to avoid it. I assume it is not yet too late. Not doing so may make it too late at some point. Too many in the north american population are not cognizant of how too much manufacturing capacity lost might play out. It is a known primary wealth generator. May even be the most important one from the citizens viewpoint.

I think the real standard of living has already been on the decline but masked at the personal level by too much individual borrowing. Becoming a primary credit driven society may have been a major change already.

As things are today if the federal and states borrowing excess amounts of money where to stop. The thing that may change is the tax structure to compensate.

To service the so called entitlement society and it is a large component of society now. Anyone with tangiable assets will in all probability be hit hard. This is based on the governments needs being more important than the individuals and them having the power to do it.

No chance at all of some form of that senario occuring may be just wishful thinking. Recovery from a situation like that in any form is extremely dificult if it were to occur. Currently what is the unknown is the time frame this might play out in.

It would not suprise me at all if government and private think tanks are not looking at this potential senario fairly regularily. Perhaps more often as time moves along. We cannot really maintain what is even treading water. So where we will move to has to be guided.