Thread: The Vent Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 10:02 PM
KHAAAAAAN-gress

The Vent Thread

Here begins the vent thread to write down out our frustrations to move on. Please respond only with words of encouragement rather than armchair quarterback style criticism.

For Example:

I have a 2005 Lexus RX330 on the lot with 96,000 miles. Fully inspected, newer Michelins, great shape, 1 owner, clean history. Have $11,500 into and am asking $12995. NADA retail is $17000. Guy walks around the car doing his best to point out the most minute imperfections in the black paint and interior, tells me in this condition its only worth $5000 and that's the most he would pay. Who the f*** did he think he is wasting my time with that moronic insult? I kept my cool and broomed him, but still have violent thoughts every time I think of him.

Another from this week...

I was really busy with work and only had time for a fast food lunch. The Taco Bell across the street at the dealership has a lane designated for the entrance and another designated for the exit. Because the exit lane is closer to the actual entrance of the drive thru, many people turn in the exit lane anyway. I pulled in the proper entrance, and was approaching the start of the drive thru when a fat woman in a Saturn Vue came flying into the exit. In a short game of chicken I did not touch my brakes, forcing her to make an emergency shop sending all the garbage in her car flying forward. She laid on the horn and flipped me off. I hopped out of the giant conversion van I was in and pointed at the sign and yelled exit only. She rolled down the window and started screaming, "you wanted to cause a wreck because I ****** went in the wrong entrance, do you have no brakes? "

I replied, " yes, and knew you did too. I didn't want to be cut in line. "

She retorted with something like, " oh wouldn't that have been the end of your ****** world, how pathetic."

This nasty cow was dropping f-bombs and had previously flipped me off even though her 10-12 year old son was in the car with her.

My response, "Well you could afford to miss a few meals anyway." I hopped back in the van, got my food, and never looked back.

That was probably too far, and hopping out of the van to have a confrontation was not wise, but at least in this instance I got the last word.

I'll close with the 100+ times someone has asked what my best deal or bottom dollar was without looking at the car, driving it, doing any research on pricing or even asking any basic questions about it over the phone. Just "Hi, is your x for sale? Yes? How much are you asking? What's your bottom dollar?"

I just told you the GD price! I'm not going to lift my skirt after a 10 second conversation and give it all up.
2001 CLK55 AMG 101k
2007 S600 Biturbo 149k Overheated Project, IT'S ALIVE!!!

Last edited by TylerH860; 03-05-2013 at 10:13 PM.