View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 02:21 PM

So I have a couple more questions:

1) When looking down into the cylinder head with a flashlight through the air intake holes, it is filled with black grease. It's like a thick layer of black grease all-inside the engine. Is there a way to get rid of it without taking the engine engine apart? What chemicals do you guys use? Please advise because I feel like all the carbon build up along with other junk is not a very good thing for my engine.

2) I would like to replace all the fuel lines that I have under the hood + possibly more. Which fuel lines should I get when shopping for new ones? Does it have to be clear mercedes specific ones or something else (less expensive) would work as well? Can anymore maybe point me to a specific link where I can order a kit of lines online?

Thanks much guys! Can't wait to get my puppy back on the road! Those darn glow plugs... I really hope that I don't kill my cylinder head while trying to extract them out.

P.S: No one has ever answered my question in regards to my previous post - where can I find new glow plug connectors? Thanks!