View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Starstruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit Man X View Post
Regarding No 4...

Look on the back of the motor, between firewall and rear air filter assembly. There is a set screw on the linkage, that is what you adjust to bring the shift points back down to what you want. Either a good sized flathead or ~7mm socket will cure your ails. I usually adjust to fully loose then tweak to a bit of preload. Adjust to your desired part throttle. It will take a few tries to get this dialed in.

Your idle seems to be higher than normal in P/N... in drive is normal. I think when I disconnected my OVP my idle shot up to about 1300-1400rpm. These V8s are full of emission crap all driven by vacuum, when it leaks you create running problems. Also the upper to lower intake plenum seals are long over due at this age.

Remember, oil leaks are vacuum leaks.

Since you are new to the M116/7s... you need to pull the cam covers and inspect and probably replace those guide rails immediately. Failing to do this leads to catastrophic valvetrain failure.
Very good points.
280SE '77
350SE '73
The most complex systems can fail in the simplest way.
Contra verbosus noli contendere verbis, sermo datur cunctis, animi sapientia paucis.

i don't believe in the lord! He's never bought me a Mercedes Benz.