View Single Post
Old 12-19-2002, 02:00 PM
Posts: n/a
You can make a "temp probe" with thermocouple wire. This is a pair of wires with one conductor being iron and the other being constantine (sp?) you simply tin the ends of each conductor and twist them together. Then put test lead connectors on the other end that fit the meter.

When I was in college I worked at an electronic component burnin house. We had thermocouples all over the place and it ran into an expense. We started doing the above and found no difference in reading from an expensive "thermocouple."

Good luck,
Reply With Quote