View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 04:03 PM
User title not in use

Quote:
Originally Posted by E150GT View Post
Id be interested to see how well you can insulate the car. And for what cost. Ive only driven two toyotas, a 2012 yaris and a 2005 corolla. Theyre both pretty loud. the yaris engine is surprisingly noisy.
So the Yaris is louder than the Corolla? Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampYankee View Post
I'd go with Dynamat or similar like DieselPaul said. Inside the cabin under the carpet. Is it direct engine noise or is it resonance?
How would I tell whether it's direct noise or resonance??

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmandoo62 View Post
dynamat is super spendy.go to the lumber yard and get a roll of frostguard.same stuff but 1/3 the price.it's basically rubberized feltpaper for under shingles on shallow pitched roofs to keep water from backing up under the shingles in winter.or my focus was kinda loud.and the kid wrecked the sdl or better yet i should say a deer did.but anyway it took out the hood.i took the hood pad off the sdl hood and cut it to fit in the focus and it helped alot.
Have you ever installed Frostguard in a car to tamp down noise? Has anyone else ever done this? How does it work?
"Senior Luna, your sense of humor is still loco... but we love it, anyway." -rickymay ____ "Your sense of humor is still loco... " -MBeige ____ "Señor Luna, your sense of humor is quite järjetön" -Delibes

1982 300SD -- 211k, Texas car, tranny issues ____ 1979 240D 4-speed 234k -- turbo and tuned IP, third world taxi hot rod

2 Samuel 12:13: "David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.” And Nathan said to David, “The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die."