View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwrock View Post
I agree it isn't easy, but it isn't impossible! A friend did a SAS on his S10 in 2 weeks time, but had all of the parts ordered up front.

They 2003 and up Dodge AAM Front axle is the correct width, has the right gearing, and has the differential on the correct side! Also uses the same size ABS sensor as my GMC, and the same tooth count, so I can keep my ABS. The brakes should work on that axle should work with my truck, as should the pitman arm - but would need to adapt it to my steering box, and make a swaybar. Found one of these locally for $750 as well!
That's not too hateful. Make sure when you do the perches that you get them done right. I've seen what happens when some of the swaps fall apart on the trail...it's not pretty.

Both of our trucks are factory solid axle Fords...I wouldn't have it any other way. I've had IFS...while it's good for a city/suburban warrior truck, it's not good for what we like to do, which is off the beaten path.

My wife's Tahoe is the only truck we own with IFS, and I'd never take it off road...it's not built to handle it.

Meet on the level, leave on the square. Great words to live by

Were we directed from Washington when to sow and when to reap, we should soon want bread. - Thomas Jefferson: Autobiography, 1821.