View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 06:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air&Road View Post
Very best of luck to you on this issue MBLover! Your sensitivity toward the family of the deceased is admirable.

I am not at all surprised to find that it was in Class C airspace. I'm not saying that something like this could never happen in Bravo, but in my experience with ATC, it would be MUCH less likely.

Please keep us informed as it unfolds and all the best.

Edit:

I happened to think of something that seems correct to share with you at this time. Sometimes things will happen to a two man crew, that might not have happened to either pilot if they were flying solo. In an effort to describe what I'm thinking and what I've read about; there have been times when things happen because one quailified pilot thinks that the other is watching it or taking care of it. For example, they run out of gas and one says "I thought that YOU were watching the fuel," while the other says "I thought that YOU were monitoring it." They basically trusted each other too much and didn't communicate about it.

Just a thought. Both of those pilots might well have been Chuck Yeager or Bob Hoover in the making, but if they trusted each other, maybe they thought all was well with what they were being told because the other one didn't say anything. We'll never know. All the best.
That's a fair point. It isn't just pilots who do it. Like sometimes a subordinate is too meek or a supervisor too overbearing and the subordinate is afraid to correct the senior. This is especially dangerous (and too common) in the military.