View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 01:51 AM
Who's flying this thing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe View Post
Just because they issue grille badges, doesn't mean just a lot - when your Mercedes-Benz, bought new is starting to rust out in under 5-years.

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, Jim, but ALL three of our bought new Mercedes-Benz automobiles started rusting out @ year #4 of ownership in Omaha, Nebraska. If not for their rust, I'd still own my Father's bought new, 1977 240D to this day......a shame we had to send it to the crusher in 1999, after 22 years and nearly 400K miles.....ALL because of rust.

As far as I'm concerned, they can keep their grille badges. Although my Father was into them - I don't buy their cars to see how many grille badges I can accumulate in the first place.

Although the thrust of the OP's post has a point, RE: RUST.....does not mean ANY other brand is immune to it, nor endures it better than MB!

Since I moved to Dallas, Texas, and started garaging my Mercedes-Benz', I don't have issues with sun OR rust damage. Wherever the OP lives, must be a rust-belt place. Not even Mercedes-Benz can solve inundation by chemicals/saline.
Environment vs heredity.

Mercedes Benz & Volvo > the rest.

1995 E 420, 170k "The Red Plum" (sold)

2015 BMW 535i xdrive awd Stage 1 DINAN, 6k, <----364 hp

1967 Mercury Cougar, 49k

2013 Jaguar XF, 20k <----340 hp Supercharged, All Wheel Drive (sold)