View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 08:14 PM

This is the reason I no longer own my 06 E3504matic. In many ways it was a good car, quiet ok on fuel. The inclement weather driving confidence afforded by the 4matic was unmatched and I own an A4 quattro BUT even though I owned under warranty it always made me nervous to own it. I've been around these cars for over 50 years and it never felt like a Mercedes in the sense that the deal was you pay more up front but due to its durability you will win in the end operating cost wise and enjoy the satification of owning the best car in the world along the way. Instead the E350 felt like the deal was you got a nice car to drive but it was really a financial conduit between my bank account and Mercedes corporation. I had countless things repaired under warranty.

Though the car was very quiet and smooth I still got road feedback through the steering that didn't exist on my 190E. I would go over a bumpy section of road and the whole car shuddered again unlike any Mercedes I ever owned.

This is a great post because having said everything above I really don't want to continue to not drive a Mercedes they are just in my blood and find myself looking at the lastest model E Class hoping that there as been some return to the classic Mercedes approach. Consumers is saying that the latest E's are pretty reliable so who knows.

What was the last real Mercedes?
'67 250SE Dad's last one
'59 220 SE My first one
'62 220SE Coupe second one
'89 190E 2.6 5spd third one
'06 E350 4matic (sold)
'10 E350 4matic