View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Fold on dotted line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
You have to die from something.
This is true, but since everyone in my family's preceding generation died betwwen 100 and 91, I've taken a more serious look at everything I do.

It seems that as you get older, more recovery time is important. SO... evfry day 8 hours sleep, lots of water, a good mix of fresh vs packaged foods and I do feel better.

need to drop more pounds because I have a sedentary job in a chair in front of the screen and working physically 8 hours on Sat and Sun only is NOT the answer

Another thing I've seriously looked at is the Vita Mix machine/blender.
It makes soups and meals quickly from fresh food. If I only had to use that to get all my veggies as a part of my lunch and dinner, it would probably do the trick.

I'm investigating it seriously.

I did a low fat foods investigation last year and found a lot of them, changing my diet, so I slowly lose weight unless I go off on a binge, lol.

It can be easier than you think.

My problem is: time.

Now I get up, shower, go to the ex-wife's estate house where the dog is, take care of the dog while my son is in Cali, or at school. Then to work, back to the dog, then it's 7:30, who wants to make dinner? So I grab a salad or prepared food, and set up for tomorrow, then go to bed.

RRRIINNGG! Alarm and do it again!

Losing one day a week at work starting in April may have some strategic advantages.

1950 170SD
1951 Citroen 11BN
1953 Citroen 11BNF limo
1953 220a project
1959 180D
1960 190D
1960 Borgward Isabella TS 2dr
1983 240D daily driver
1983 380SL
1990 350SDL daily driver alt
3 x Citroen DS21M, down from 5
3 x Citroen 2CV, down from 6