View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 07:49 PM
dieselarchitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTUpower View Post
I think sdrun and Tom missed the point of the thread.

Planes for "business"- which appear to most as a rich mans toy- are a whole industry. If they are rich mans toy or a tool for business- and if they are needing a tax break or not is not the purpose of the posting of this article. The reason is the question I posted it under- if these "rich man toys" are not trickle down- then what do you call the industry the rich man toy's created?
Yeah, I guess i did not get the point.....still don't. Is your point that trickle down economics works? ...and works well as a way to stimulate the economy? ...or the opposite? ...or is there other possibilities for your meaning?

Every industry creates jobs. The implication is that if someone can write it off in seven years or ten years will make a significant difference in his decision whether he needs a personal jet or not, right?

It's really not a parallel to your big boat industry is it? I mean a jet has more legitimate business uses than a huge gas guzzling boat, right?
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.