View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 09:18 PM
Ghost of Diesels Past

Kids with DS are awesome to interact with at Disney. I'm a photographer so half of the time all I do is play with the guests and kids and if I am with a character and the line isn't that bad they just have a blast with it. There's nothing like seeing the kid light up to Mickey Mouse playing and having fun with the kid. Just talking to those kids is fun because they will go on and on about what they are up to and you can really make their day by giving them a sticker or playing a simple game with them. I remember one kid wanted to take my picture with his camera so I showed him what I do and had him pretend to be me. What a blast.

Every now and then the parents "warn us" that their kid is "special needs" or "is special" But I usually tell them, no he/she isn't. They are awesome and fun. It doesn't matter to me if your kid is in a wheel chair, has DS or some sort of disorder that makes them different. At Disney every child is the treated the same, just as if they were the only kid in the park. It's their world when step onto the WDW property.