View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 01:56 PM
GemstoneGlass

[QUOTE=97 SL320;

It really sounds like the trans isn't starting out in 1st. First is a very deep ratio at 3.68, couple this with your possible 3.58 or 3.69 rear ratio and you will know that you have started out in 1st. First is electrically actuated on non 1st start default trans, perhaps the manual is incorect or a different trans was installed at some point.
[/QUOTE]

You got it. I have realized it only starts in first when the selector is in L. When i shift up to S when driving it pretty much double shifts straight into third. When I start out in S, or D it starts in second and shifts normally into third and fourth.
I guess it is o-k like that. I will keep playing with the bowden cable to get the shift points where I want.
thanks for the help

btw I'm trying to think of a tutorial or something I can contribute to the community, but it seems people have mostly got me covered on that.
I was thinking a good W123 sunroof repair tutorial would be cool. I did that job quite successfully. It was not easy. I'll try to think it up. Im just not very well organized with my posts and all, so we'll see.

Chris
84 280sl
82 300d euro