View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 10:10 PM

I'm not sure about the car but the Excursions and F series trucks around that time have bad rotors that had reports of warping. Who knows why besides poor materials. We change them to better rotors and brakes and life is good. Dad had me tech a MB and I noticed that after driving, the rear rotors still had some rust film on them while the fronts were shiny. You couldn't touch the front because of the heat but both the rears were cool. Less than 5 years old but still.

Unless I KNOW why, I'd pass on that car. After all, as a rule (with some exceptions), NOBODY really gives a crap about you and will not be selling a car cheap unless they were totally ignorant and wanted to get rid of the problem child or they were just plain stupid.

I usually check the fluids. If the fluids are brand new, I pass. Why would I change the fluid when the car is about to be sold? Sounds like they are trying to hide something.

Bottom line, I'd pass on this car. Sounds too good to be true. I also happen to be selling this bridge with one previous owner, well built and maintained......
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow