View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Inna-propriate-da-vida

Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
i have and am using spacers with no issues. Just need to get the appropriate longer bolts.
X2, I run 12mm on all corners, but I went with H&R because of their stellar reputation.

Also, make sure you get quality bolts, as there will be more stress on them going the extra distance to the hub.
They claim grade 10.9 which is roughly the equivalent of SAE grade 8, so they should be more than adequate.

The issue you may have is that the 5mm versions don't have a center ridge for the center of the wheel to rest on. With oversized bolt holes, it may be a nuisance to get lined up, especially in the front where the center of the hub is rather small.

If you are interested, I would let go of the (4) 5mm H&R's for $50.
I'm never going to use them, and you typically cannot return spacers or wheel bolts.
Of course you would still need wheel bolts, and that would make it more expensive than buying the set you linked to.

1983 300SD - 305000
1984 Toyota Landcruiser - 190000
1994 GMC Jimmy - 203000

https://media.giphy.com/media/X3nnss8PAj5aU/giphy.gif