View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 08:18 PM
smoke gets in your eyes

I feel bad for this guy and I hope he isn't on this forum - 1979 300D mercedes 113k

Quote:
1979 300D mercedes 113k - $500 (scotts valley)

Parts Car. This car was in great running order with only 113k miles! However, I accidently dropped the top 10mm nut from the top of the air filter cover into the intake. The nut fell into the head and through the open valve onto the piston. It was then forged into the piston. I've stripped the engine down and pulled the head off. The #3 piston now has a big dent in it. The head and valves are miraculously unharmed. Prior to the incident the car ran and drove great, no issues. I don't have the time or money to put into rebuilding this engine, an am selling it as a parts car. The body has some major cancer, real rust issues! Was a new Jersey car. I haven't even put it in my name yet as we just bought the thing a few weeks before I killed it. However, it does have a clear title and current registration. I'd rather not part the car out if i can help it. Please e-mail, call or text if interested. I have spotty reception here so if you call PLEASE leave a message- I'll get back to you ASAP! Asking $500. Located in Felton (by Scotts Valley) in the Santa Cruz mountains. Will obviously need to be towed!
GOOD:
everything mechanical except the #3 piston.
Head
Fuel injectors, etc
Front bumper
Front Grill
Front hood, fenders trunk lid
Front doors
Back seat, interior door panels
Temperature controls
AC works
BAD:
#3Piston
rear doors- rust
rear quarter panels- rust dented
rear bumper- rubber has been hit
windshield cracked
front driver seat worn
dash cracked
Kevin:eight three one- two three four- seven zero six eight kevinsterlingpayne(AT)hotmail.com

Dang, that's a big tub the head's in!

Sixto
87 300D
Attached Thumbnails
Oops it fell in the engine-wheel-block-rust_saurfgy.jpg   Oops it fell in the engine-nut-piston_saeigfyrher.jpg   Oops it fell in the engine-cylinder-head-box_auergyufr.jpg  

Last edited by whunter; 04-04-2013 at 12:37 PM. Reason: attached p[ictures