View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry12345 View Post
You may be right of course. On the otherhand the unburnt fuel if that injector is really late could average through the system and seem constant or somewhat so out the tailpipe.

He is smelling unburnt fuel and the injectors have been checked I think. I might even want to do a compression check on that cylinder before going on to checking it for proper load sharing. I just went back through the thread and see that compression was good and fairly even. So I would move on to check for load sharing by the third cylinder.
Cylinder 3 was the only one that seemed normal out of the 5. The other 4 had severe carbon build up on the heat shields. If running WMO was the cause, I would expect to see all 5 injector shields in the same condition. If the timing is retarded, I would also expect to see all 5 in the same condition as well. I think I should check the injection timing next. If the timing is too retarded, I would expect excess carbon build up and WMO would make it worse than usual.
1983 300SD - Good interior. Engine finally tamed ~250K.
Monark Nozzle Install Video - http://tinyurl.com/ptd2tge