View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 02:25 PM

I have a RHD 300SE here and can tell you they`re not easy to work on. This one had a hole corroded in the block that leaked coolant into the oil galley which filled the rad with oil. We were able to fix that.

I didn`t use new cylinder liners but I had to have the crank journals align bored. This is tricky to do two different materials - the alloy block and steel caps. My shop was able to do this perfectly. I had them install the piston rings and fit the pistons to the block. This is also tricky because you can`t use a regular piston ring compressor - not sure how they did it.

I used new valves, valve guides, rings, crank gear, injection pump gears and a number of other new parts. Being RHD, it made it much more difficult to work on. Before I had it finished the engine was in and out of the car about 5 times - each time with a new problem.

It would of been nice to of had new cylinder liners but it runs pretty good as is. Smokes a bit but I expected that.

BTW, I have NOS 300SE fuel injectors if anyone needs some. NLA for a long time now.