View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by werminghausen View Post
Hi Graham,
I am really loosing water it is not just a few drops. I need roughly 1 liter per 50 miles.
Do you have the specs of the shaft seals...which I guess are replaceable? Is the set of seals a normed part I could chase down here in Oman? Or is it a custom part from the pump manufacturer? I don't know where to get it.
The impeller can be pulled which might work somehow with a standard puller ( I have a few pullers).
The bearing seems to be a 'compact bearing' instead of 2 standard ball bearings. So I won't touch this one as they seem to be just fine.
Can anyone send me the seals in an envelope... this thing can't be $60!....then I'd attack the job here in Oman.
I have not tried to find a standard seal. I used EPC to find the number and checked prices from dealer. Here is a picture with part numbers - you can check them with dealer or maybe on-line suppliers. If anyone finds a low cost seal, I am interested too!

In checking a few places, it seems that seal may be hard to find. I did find this one and price is as I stated.

Last edited by Graham; 04-14-2013 at 09:24 PM.