Thread: Bad mechanic
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2002, 10:17 PM
Hmmm, all of the problems seem to indicate bad maintenance, but I bought a 90K mi 1985 car that was serviced regularly by one certified mechanic, and still spent $2K the first year fixing all of the problems (let's repeat again- new temp switch twice, new T-stat, new rad cap, new heater blower, new radiator, new main fan clutch, new aux fan, new high pressure pwr steering hose, new oil pressure sending unit, new shutoff valve, new tensioner with shock, and a new AC compressor). Still not fixed rear window regulator with motor, front regulator, oil leak from the fuel pump, oil leak that looks like a head gasket , etc, etc.

So, the problems look like standard late 80's high milage MB problems.
BTW, I am an ESL person, and I believe there is a huge difference between a few grammatical mistakes ( make some myself after 1 AM ), and an incomprehensible post. Poor grammar is excuseable, lazy posting is not. I am SOOOO fed up with " tonite" and " they got into there car" kinda stuff. Please! if we were illiterate we could not use internet.

Oh yeah, when I came to the US, I took my first English test two weeks after landing at LaGuardia. I scored third among 40+ high school students. Too bad the teachers could not understand WTF I was saying to them
1985 190D 2.2l Sold-to Brother-in-law
1996 Mustang 3.8l -"thinks it's a sports car"
1988 Grand Wagoneer - Sold (good home)
1995 Grand Cherokee Ltd -"What was I thinking??!!"