View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 02:19 PM
red herring

Vacuum Woes 300CD

I have the 123 service man. cd's but cant figure out the vacuum system. The man says the vac lines from the door go DOWN, but after removing the side panel (behind hood release), I see they go UP. The cd manual is a practical joke! I know the leak (a fast leak!) is from the 'yellow only' line going into the inside of car. Where would the 1st connection/splice/manifold be?? up or down? It seems I will need to remove the inst panel, no problem there, I've done that before. Any suggestions/tips? On the svs cd, it shows on all diesel diagrams 2 connections at the vacuum pump. Mine has one that goes to vac brake booster (w/ 2 side connections).

Also,

I finally fixed the door (whatever you call the thing that holds the door open 'with detents'). The 300CD is a 123.xxx but the body seems to have little in common with the 240/300D's. I called MB dealer who would have to order it from Germany for $145.00 +. I went to the local Ecology auto wreckers who had a GUTTED '84 CD, the part I needed cost $6.00 +

I also removed the vac pump & line to brake booster for 10 bucks in case I might need them, but trouble-shooting determined the problen inside the car, well I have them now.

-corne-