View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 03:07 PM
dieselfuelinjector.guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgreeley83 View Post
Im pretty much limited to army stuff at this point. I could trust it to somebody after i leave to take it to israel themselves and attempt fedex. I am really trying to avoid that. It would probably never happen. I'm really at the mercy of this friggen logistics warehouse guy who doesn't seem to pursue the matter with Israel much. All our special shipments go through israel fedex. He told them the weight and dimensions a week ago and is "waiting for an estimate". blahhhhhhh. He could come through but im at the mercy of the military contractor gods at this point.... a horrible place to be.
Are you near a major airport ? You could ship it to a major airport hub from your location. If nothing works for your neck of the woods, I know that Atlanta works. I had shipped to me from Europe an entire transmission system, and I know it weighed a lot more than 70 pounds. I can have it picked up from Atlanta no problems. Someone I work with commutes from ATL each week to Columbia, S.C., and he picked up my last two shippments from Europe. There is a $50 customs fee and you are looking at about 1-2 week wait. I then could ship it to you. Just an idea of last resorts.

I shipped a Getrag 717.400 from S.C. to California and it was under 80 pounds and that included A LOT of packing material. I would try to pull the yoke and flex disk, the slave cylinder, the arms, the inner bracket thing, et cet., and just see what that weighs. I am thinking that will be in 70 pounds on the nose.

BTW -- can you just stick that in your duffle back and scrap your clothes ?