View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 10:29 AM
jimm1009

My
US OEM headlight switch has the pins for the socket to plug into but it is not present as there is no design intentions for US spec cars as we know.
If I wanted to use my US switch all I would need is the socket and bulb.

I do however have a generation II Euro light switch from England and the socket and bulb are present.
My only problem with that switch is that the bulb is burned out and the socket is so old that the plastic is flaking away.
The socket can be removed as it is only two push-pins held by friction and is meant to be replaced just as a bulb is replaced.
In EPC the bulb is shown but not the socket.
I sent a help message to Classic Car Center in Irvine California three days ago but have not received feedback as of today (Thursday) AM.

I guess I will use the same bulb for the headlight switch bezel nightlight which is the same as the transmission know nightlight bezel (or is supposed to be).
So all I need is the color coding for the wire going to the back and the socket part number for the fog light bulb indicator that is in the center of the headlight switch and I will be good to go.
I'll post the M.B. part numbers when and if received so that all can have it for future use if needed.
Thanks,
jimm1009