View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 09:13 PM

Thanks again for the responses on my stalling & check engine light after spark plug change. Here is what's happened since my last post; I got impatient waiting on the code reader I ordered from ebay, so I got a rebuilt (I KNOW, not advisable) MAF sensor; that's the only one I could find in town. No difference whatsoever; symptoms the same etc. Returned it and put original back on. (Also I rechecked all plugs and wires and for reasons that follow I really don't think there's any issue there).

So, code reader came today and the code was P0102. I found a thread, on here I think, about checking the #2 wire to the MAF plug, and I did that (I only have the $1.99 electrical tester with the light bulb) and sure enough the power appeared to be flickering in and out as I moved the wire around.

I cut open the rubber outer covering to see if I could at least use electrical tape to repair the troublesome wire, and they look perfect; all of them. Most recently I can't seem to get any sign of power to that 2nd wire at all.

When I looked at codes the last time I started the car, P0112 had joined P0102.

So it certainly appears the wire(s) to the MAF are the problem and I have no idea what to do about that. The harness seems unusually scarce online and I don't know that I'd know what to do with it if I got it (i.e. where are those wires would connect).

Do I just wave the white flag and take it in or does anyone have any other suggestions? I am a fairly decent shadetree mechanic but with wires of that size I am reluctant to do too much tinkering.