View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 12:07 PM
mbeg.webs.com

It turned out to be a great event, the best so far this year (oh, it's been the only one this year Dennis). The weather could not have been better! 8 cars total with a good mix of age and body style attended (I'm talking about the cars now ). As always, Jim gets the distance award for driving the farthest (about 450 miles) and Charlie at second with 340+ miles before even starting the cruise. Then there is Paul and Bob from the San Diego area (135 miles).
Gary, along with Leslie and their dog Tobi, drove the nicest 123 coupe I've ever seen. Buzz brought his 124 diesel, one of 6? in his fleet, a really nice car. Paul drove his one of a kind SL with a 617 engine! Jim brought "The no stress express", a 2011 E350 and his friend Nancy. Charlie drove his 240 from Portland a few days earlier to be there for the cruise. Bob "greased" his way up from San Diego in one of his SDL's. Rich drove his 240 4 spd with "ice cold A/C" from Hesperia and I borrowed my daughter's 300CD for the trip (I sold "Betty" to Rich, so I no longer have a MBZ to call my own)
We made it to Triple D's grill in Lompoc to find Andrew (I hope I remembered your name correctly) who had driven his 87 TD from "SLO" (San Luis Obisbo) to meet us for lunch.
I've posted a few pictures, and would encourage anyone that took pics to post them as well.
We're planning another drive for the fall (Canyon Cruise), so stay tuned!
See you soon.......Dennis
Attached Thumbnails
M.B.E.G. Spring Coastal Cruise Saturday May 18 2013-mbz-lompoc.jpg   M.B.E.G. Spring Coastal Cruise Saturday May 18 2013-mbzvent.jpg  

all TURBODIESEL fleet:

"aRBee" 1985 300D anthracite grey/palomino
"the Corporate Jet" 1997 Volkswagen Jetta TDI (Sandy's car)

"Sherlock"- 1982 MB 300CD white/palomino (Kellee's car)
"Betty" 1981 300D light ivory/palomino (Kristy's car)
"Harrison II"- 1997 Ford F250 Crewcab white/grey - 7.3 PSD running a WVO/RUG blend in 2nd tank.