View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 10:38 PM

In pick I posted in #9 you can see the position My Key is in.

What I remember is when I looked with a strong Flash Light I turned the Tumbler I saw what looked like the Hole. But, it turned out to be a Roll Pin. As I turned the Tumbler further I saw the Hole it was supposed to go into.

I think if you got the Car Started at that point you miss an opertunity to pull the Steering Colum Lock.

After the Car was moved you could have left the Key in the Run Position and shut the Engine off with the Manual Shutoff and gone under the Dash Board and loosed the Clamp that holds the Steering Wheel Lock and pulled it out as much as I could to to see if you could get it out fare enough to depress the Button (the one that it sounds like you are going to have to grind off).

On mine the Afermarket Keys would not fit through the Hole in the Dash. If your Key would not fit through the Dash Board Hole you would need to Turned the Key back and pulled it out and maybe with lowering the Steering Colum removed the Steering Colum Lock.

If yo do that and you have the Ignition Switch that lockes itself to the Ignition Switch Connecto at least you have more room to deal with it but it would stll be connected to the Wires.
At that point you could do as Hunters pic shows were you cut off the 3 nub that the Ingition Swich Screws go Through. The Metal on the Steering Colum Lock is like the Metal a Carburator is made of; some what soft.

When the Steering Colum Lock is separated from the Ignition Switch Housing like that you wil be able to turn the Ingition Switch with a Screwdriver and can use your Car and deal with the Lock Tumbler issue later.

Below is what the Back of the Ignition Switch Housing looks like. In this Pic mine still has the bits of the broken Shaft in the Slots where you could use a Scredriver to turn the Switch.
Attached Thumbnails
300sd ignition tumbler-back-igntion-switch-housing.jpg