View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 10:07 AM

Far-fetched idea? Can I save a few bucks on a new exhaust...?

My w116 350se is LOUD sounds like a muscle car. I am so ready to have sound that suits the car (and doesnt drown out my music). Anyways I am about to changed the manifold gaskets and order new header pipes (from header to resonators, no cats came on this car). I also plan to purcahase Time Valve resonators onward (this is all they have available for this car). Ill have the headers and pipes ceramic coated so they can hopefully keep up with the appearance and longevity of the Timevalave exhaust....

Now onto the idea. I just bought a new house and I would rather put funds toward replacing the old carpet than an exhaust for a car I drive on the weekends. So if this works I will hold off on the timevalve pipes I have a w116 300sd i was parting out and the exhaust on that was fine but it is a single pipe instead of dual pipes. It appears to have the same path as the exhaust on the 350se I was thinking it could work as a temporary fix if i could have coupler to attach the dual pipes to the 1... doesnt seem like to much work for an exhaust shop? if its something like$200 then Ill just go ahead and spend the $750 for the timevlave now. Any thoughts?